The Environmental Status Monitoring Program aims for the evaluation of the effectiveness of the management regulations that are be implemented and the qualitative and quantitative analysis of the ecosystem parameters of the Park.
This program, which is being developed by the scientific and technical staff of the Management Body throughout the entire Park, gives the opportunity to:
- Identify the sensitive areas that need specific management measures.
- Assess the potential threats that exist in the area of the Marine Park.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing and proposed management measures in order to schedule a better management strategy of the area for the future.
- Record the visitor’s views and attitudes so that the future communication strategy will be more effective.
- Scientifically documented information is very important in the decision-making process for the efficient and high-quality management of the Marine Park. The Management Body has a strategic and coordinated approach to the provision, management, analysis and application of the scientific information.
The scientific research is necessary to:
- Ensure that the decision-making is supported by scientifically documented data.
- Enhance the understanding of the variability of the physical parameters that characterize the ecosystems of the Park, as well as the ecosystem’s response to natural and man-made activities.
- Provide accurate scientific information on the proper management of the Park.
- Offer the necessary information to plan the needs and priorities of the Body.
- Achieve significant benefits for the Park through the effective implementation of new technologies and computers.
- Be an integrated scientific collaboration with other authorities and organizations that involved in the management of the Marine Park.